Medical Second Opinions
On behalf of our many international clients with members living abroad, Quality Health Management ("QHM") has developed a variety of customized Second Opinion Services.
There are many situations in which a second opinion is valuable. Clients should consider utilizing the second opinion program if:
- Payer/Patient need confirmation of correct diagnosis and verification of appropriate medical care for condition
- Patient diagnosed with a chronic illness and want to confirm the proposed treatment plan
- Patient with serious illness that does not require immediate treatment and needs confirmation that proposed treatment plan is appropriate
- Patient has been offered more than one treatment alternative and does not know which one to choose
- Patient has been advised that surgery is needed and wants to confirm the treatment recommendation
- Patient has been advised to undergo a controversial or experimental treatment
- Patient has multiple medical problems that places them at greater risk of suffering complications as a result of surgery or other medical treatment
- Payer/Patient requires a second opinion from specialist physicians, but does not want to incur the time and expense of travel for patient/insured.
Second Opinion Process is simple through QHM:
- Contact QHM's Member Services at Member@QHManagement.com to request Medical Second Opinion either from a third party panel or you may request a specific center of excellence hospital in the United States.
- Email or Fax Second Opinion request -include questions and patient medical records
- QHM works with second opinion service provider and physicians to obtain the reports and assist with handling and inquiries